Friday, April 17, 2009

Dylan's First Haircut

Kirk was giving Dylan a bath last night and called me into the bathroom to see this crazy hairdo. We decided it was time for his first haircut. I was hoping for some curls to grow in, but nope, only thin wispy locks! He went from being bald, to having a mullet, then a rat tail!
Daddy gave him the "flock of seagulls" look!

So the day before his 2nd birthday, we took him to "Cool Cuts for Kids". At first he loved it because there was a train and lego table to play with while we waited. Then when it was his turn he was excited to hop in the fire engine chair. But as soon as the stylist put on the red cape and started touching his head, the panic began. He said "All done" and tried to climb out. Luckily a lollipop was all it took to keep him distracted for the rest of the cut!


My big two year old boy! It's amazing how a few snips can make him look so different and grown up. I felt a little sad, like I had to let go of my baby boy. But I absolutely love the stage he is in right now. I guess we will hold our breath and prepare for the terrible twos!



No comments: