Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Glamour Girl

Little Miss Maya got her ears pierced today! Her daddy has been wanting to do it for awhile, but I just wasn't sure. I was ok with her having them pierced, but was nervous about putting her through the trauma. I talked to every mom I know who had pierced their daughter's ears. I even talked to strangers in the store, mall, park, etc. They all said their babies cried less than when they get shots at the doctor, and that they settled quickly. Well it turns out it was much more traumatizing for me than it was for Maya, she was a champ! I made Daddy be the bad guy and hold her, and stood several feet away. She was as happy as can be, smiling at the lady while she got ready. I turned my head away, heard her start to cry, then quickly rescued her from daddy. She stopped crying within a few seconds, and shortly after that was smiling, kicking her legs, and laughing at her big brother! She looks so cute and girly, I just love it! Daddy is already talking about buying her diamonds...spoiled little girl!






1 comment:

Mommy said...

OH!!! She looks adorable! I'm glad you did it! :) Yes- it's more traumatizing for the mom than it is for them. Diamonds?? I'd wait a little while...my girls have lost SO MANY earrings...not even funny!