I decided to start a collection of alphabet books for Dylan and Maya. I have seen so many fun and unique ABC books, and I thought it would be something we can all enjoy together. The first book in our collection is the fun and popular
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. I ordered it from amazon.com and when it arrived I was so excited I pulled it right out to read. Dylan was busy with something else, and had no interest until I started reading aloud. The catchy rhymes grabbed his attention right away, and then when he saw the bright pictures he was hooked!

I have already started a wish list on amazon of more books I want to add to the collection. The next one I want to order is
C is for Construction, Big Trucks and Diggers from A to Z. I know Dylan is going to love it.

I also decided to create a special place for the ABC books, so they don't get lost or mixed up with all the other things. So I picked up a wooden crate and thought we could make a little project out of it. I let Dylan help me paint it, which held his interest for about one minute! I'm hoping Maya will be a little more crafty and want to do projects with me!


Then we decorated with handprints and stickers. Dylan's handprints are on one side and Maya's are on the other. The teacher in me totally came out during this project!


Do you have a favorite alphabet book? Or have you come across something fun or unique?
If so, please post it below in the comment section. Thanks!
6 comments:
So cute! I may just have to steal that idea, with your permission of course. :)I am not very creative so I need to get ideas like that from someone who is!
Very cute!!! What a great idea to involve them, too. Even if he is not too interested now, sometimes just exposure... I'll be thinking of books.
Such a cute idea!!! My little ones love books!!!
What fun books! I should buy those for my girls... I'm terrible with books so, I have no new ones to share :( Your project was adorable! My girls would love to do that :)
I love alphabet books. What a great idea Mel. We have a favorite bedtime alpha book called the Sleepy Little Alphabet by Judy Sierra. It's adorable and it rhymes. Enjoy!
Beth
I have the perfect one in mind for Dylan and I plan on getting it for his birthday...it's "The Racecar Alphabet." I will check my classroom for more good ones. I know there's a bunch. I love the crate...their handprints are precious!
Post a Comment