Our sweet Maya girl is 10 months old! I can't believe how fast her first year is flying by. When I think of Maya, I am filled with complete joy and delight. I love her bright eyes, sweet smile, silly giggle and crazy growl. I love how much she adores her big brother. She has become so active, crawling all over the house and pulling up on the furniture. She can also take little steps with help. She is very fast, I have to watch her close, or before I know it she is in the dog's water, pulling DVDs off the shelf, or shoes out of my closet!! She is trying lots of new foods now (with her two teeth!), and loving everything, as you can see by her plentiful rolls!
We just started her in swimming lessons. It is a parent/tot class, so I am in the pool with her, while daddy watches Dylan in his class. She doesn't love it yet, but she sure looks cute in her yellow swimsuit! I am getting excited for this summer, when I know we will be in the pool almost every day.

I am also very excited to be starting baby sign language with her. I have some friends that have done it with their babies, and I'm always fascinated at how they catch on and are able to communicate at such an early age. I wanted to do it with Dylan, but I think I felt a little overwhelmed and wasn't sure I could commit to it. It is neat though, because I can still teach Dylan the signs, and can include him in helping Maya learn. Right now she responds to every sign with peek-a-boo!! How cute! It's only been a few days, so I'm just excited that she is paying attention and attempting to respond.
Here she is doing peek-a-boo for more yogurt! So fun!
3 comments:
She is so so stinkin' cute. Absolutely love those rolls. That big girl needs a bikini!
LOVE HER!!! I'm excited about both the swimming and the signing. Every once in awhile, Anna and Toby will pull out the more sign to emphasize their request for more of whatever food they are having. That's the only one that stuck with them, but it was helpful when we did it. : )
Oh she is so stinki' cute!! Love her bathing suit....she looks adorable. I have some sign language DVD you can borrow if you want. Let me know :)
Post a Comment