Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Boy

It’s been so long since my last post…I guess I’ve had blogger’s block! Or maybe my 3 year old has been draining the life out of me! I remember when Dylan turned 2, so many other moms told me, “If you think 2 is bad, just wait till he turns 3!” My mom explains it perfectly when she says, “Dylan is just ‘out there’ with whatever his emotion is at the moment.” Whether he is jumping up and down with excitement for a lollipop or throwing a dramatic fit when he has to go to time out. There is never any question about what Dylan is thinking or feeling. In the matter of a day, he can have me laughing hysterically one moment, and gritting my teeth with frustration another moment. I can’t believe how fast three years have gone by. I can’t believe my little baby is turning into such a big boy. I know he is a big boy now because I have to check his pants pockets while doing laundry- for little rocks, food, cars, etc. I know he is finding his independence because he usually won’t hold my hand in public. I know he is growing up because I can give him multi-step tasks that he can remember and complete (he is becoming a great little helper!). I know he is no longer a baby because he can carry full on conversations on the telephone. Once he even answered the phone, had a conversation, and hung up without me even knowing it!

Thankfully, there are still a handful of things that let me know that even though he is a big 3 year old, he is still my baby boy. He carries around and snuggles with his smelly ol taggie blanket. When I pick him up from church or MOPS, he is so excited to see me and acts like I’ve been gone for days rather than just a few hours. Every night he wants me to lay in bed with him. We pray together and snuggle. And when I ask him for a kiss, he never refuses. He puts his little hands on my face and plants one, smack on the lips. In the past few days, he has started to say, “Mommy, I don’t like you”, when he is not getting his way. But it doesn’t hurt me, because for every “I don’t like you”, I hear even more of “I love you Mommy, you’re my best friend”. It melts me every time!

Here are some pictures from his birthday last month. We celebrated with family at Freestone Park.

Taking his cousins for a ride

Presents!




With one of his new trucks (and that smelly ol' taggie)



Yo Gabba Gabba cupcakes




Excitement over the cupcakes





Showing his cousin his new toy



Lovin the carousel (and the girls!)




Exploring with Colten


I love this picture...trying out his new grill with daddy.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

SO SWEET!!! There's just something about a boy hug, isn't there? I love hearing about what this guy is doing, and especially thought the phone conversation part was hilarious. Can't wait to see what he does next! Love you, my friend.

Marci said...

What a fun looking park and party! It amazes me how much Nathan and Dylan are alike. I had to laugh at the "mommy, I don't like you". I think I hear that at lest 3 times a day, but I also get just as many "I love you momma,even more then fruit snacks".