AWARENESS
I’m not a fan of the traditional New Year’s Resolutions, as it is easy for me make a long list of unrealistic goals and even easier to fail at accomplishing them. Last year I used the lyrics from a great song as my inspiration for the year, and every time I heard the song I was reminded of how I wanted to apply the words to my own life. As I was reading blogs last year with resolutions, I came across a blogger who chooses one word to represent the New Year. I loved that idea and it stuck with me. I love the simplicity of one word, as well as all of the possibilities that lie within it.
So my word for 2011 is AWARENESS. This word has actually been on my mind for several months. With the busyness and complexity of life, I often feel that I am in a fog, just floating along or rushing around like a crazy person. Scatterbrained. Days pass, then weeks and months, then a whole year, and I wonder what in the world happened to the time, and what did I accomplish, or experience, or just enjoy.
-I will be more aware of how I spend my time. I want to be more efficient and organized with household tasks, so that they only take up a small percentage of my time. I need to prioritize and learn to let things go. This is definitely not the season of my life to have unrealistic expectations for myself.
-As I am more aware of my time, I will be more aware of how I engage with my children. I have this fear that suddenly they will be in school and I will look back and feel like I didn’t enjoy the years at home with them. I don’t want to remember this time as feeling stressed or overwhelmed, but rather having spent meaningful time with my kids.
-Going along with time, I want to be more aware of how I spend my free time (what little there is). I think about what I love…reading, writing, crafting, household projects. I want to spend more time doing what I love. It’s easy to waste that time doing who knows what on the computer, or watching tv, or napping (although some days naps are so wonderful!).
-I want to be more aware of what I put in my body and how I take care of myself. I want to be healthier and more active. I want to be a good example for my kids and make lifestyle changes that make me feel better both inside and out.
-I need to be more aware of how I spend money. We will be on a tighter budget, and I need to really think about needs and wants before spending.
-Last, but definitely not least, I long to be more aware of God in my life. I try to do too many things in my own power, when I need to seek Him for strength and guidance. I want to see how He’s working and where He is leading me. I want to see His miracles, big and small. I want to give Him credit for everything that happens, and be thankful.
Of course, my mind is always full of specific goals and tasks, but with awareness as my word for 2011, I’m hoping to focus on what’s important and make it a year for growth, peace and meaning in my life.
**There are two specific goals that I hope to share with you soon:
1. A new blog that I hope to launch soon. It will be much different than my personal blog of pictures, stories about the kids or my own rambling thoughts. Stay tuned…
2. A new personal artistic/crafting/possible side business endeavor. That’s all for now… :-)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
So exciting!!! And this makes the third blog I have read focusing on the idea of one word planning for the year. I really like the word you've chosen and how you discussed it. So true...life can just go by in a blur (and at times I find myself wishing it would go by faster or be MORE of a blur). Can't wait to see this new blog and other possible project.
I really love this! I have read several blogs today with this "one word" concept and I love it! (mine will be coming soon)...I love your word and I can so relate.
I am so excited to see your new blog and businss adventure. I am so not crafty no matter how hard I try, but I SO admire those that are. (and you just may get lots of repeat business from me)
Post a Comment