Friday, June 12, 2009

My Little Alarm Clocks

I've never been a morning person. I absolutely hate the sound of an alarm clock. Back in the days before kids, I would often stay up into the wee hours of the night and sleep away the morning. But of course those days are long gone, although I am often up in the wee hours of the night!! Maya usually wakes up in the morning first, crying a little bit until I pick her up. She's swaddled up tightly, with just her little round head sticking out, and a huge smile!! It melts my heart and gives me the perk I need to get up and get going. When Dylan wakes up I open his door and am greeted with another big smile and a "Hi". Then he proceeds to pick up and show me everything in his crib, which normally consists of two penguins, a bunny, his taggie blanket, and a handful of cars! I'm gradually becoming more of a morning person. How could you resist these two faces?! Way better than my old alarm clock!!


(Notice Maya's old-fashioned outfit?!! It was mine! It is so fun to put her in my old clothes!)

No comments: