Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sticker Meltdown

Dylan was rummaging through my stuff in our office, and had envelopes and stickers spread all over the floor. I thought to myself, "Let's have some crafty sticker time, I think he might like it." He was very excited to see the police stickers, so I peeled one off and stuck it to an envelope. Meltdown #1: " Car, police, off, off!" "No Dylan, we put stickers on paper, see it's fun!" "Car, police, off, off!" I thought fine, we'll do it your way. So I peeled off another sticker and gave it too him. He was so happy, he went running to the coffee table where he had all his other cars. Meltdown #2: He came running back to me "Car, police, car, police!" He was in tears because his sticker had rolled up into a little ball! "That's why we put stickers on the paper Dylan." So I peeled off some more, as he was bouncing up and down, and stuck them on an index card. Which led to Meltdown #3: "Car, police, OFF, OFF!" I quickly got the scissors and cut them out- problem solved! Now he is as happy as can be, rolling his silly little sticker cars all over the house!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey---whatever works!!! Glad you two figured that out!! Now hopefully the stickers won't come off the cards.

Toni said...

LOL! I love it, isn't it just hilarious what upsets them at 2! There whole world is wrapped up in that moment.