Friday, January 15, 2010

My Little Fish

Friday mornings we go to Dylan's swim lesson at SwimKids USA. He started this past summer, and cried in the pool for about the first 6 weeks. But now he absolutely loves it. He's funny-when I get him ready in the morning he tells me he doesn't want to go, but as soon as we get there he rushes to the pool and leaps into the arms of his teacher, Ms. Maribel. It is such a wonderful place. All of the teachers and staff are so friendly and positive. With us having our own pool, I feel that it is so important that he be comfortable and capable in the water. The focus of the class is survival skills. He is working on jumping in the pool, then turning around and getting back to the wall, then to the steps, by himself. He is also working on jumping in and then rolling to his back to float. Today he went down and grabbed a ring from the bottom of the pool, for the first time! They also do cute songs, games, and eat every kid's favorite...goldfish crackers! I am thrilled that he is happy and comfortable in the water, and I'm so proud of the progress he has made over the past few months.







1 comment:

Mommy said...

That's awesome! I need to enroll my girls this year. Another goal for the year..ha! So fun!